Saturday, December 16, 2006

Furniture - Before & After








So I promised I would share the "before & after" photos of my furniture piece from my 3-dimensional design class....so here they are.

It was a difficult task--to destruct what took many hours to construct. Specifically because it has sentimental value in the memory of the piece I was duplicating. I painted the inside a red-orange color, which was significant because the original chest of drawers was that color. Also, I always enjoyed opening the drawers and looking inside, so I wanted to draw attention to the inside for the deconstruction portion.

All that to say, it was an interesting project!

2 comments:

Dave T. said...

Nice. But now where do my clothes go? JK Dave Tilma

Melinda said...

I don't know how you did it. I would have the hardest time cutting up something I worked so hard to make.