Sunday, August 27, 2006

Cultivating Creativity

My only studio class this semester is 3-dimensional design. I recently read a chapter in our text for the class that discusses cultivating creativity. In those times when I feel completely uncreative and inadequate, I need to remind myself that I am creative. Mostly because I have all seven of the characteristics of creative thinking (or at least I think I do):
1. receptivity: being open to new ideas and experiences
2. curiosity: the willingness to research unfamiliar topics and analyze unusual systems with a sense of delight
3. wide range of interests: includes a broad knowledge base with a variety of components
4. attentiveness: the ability to pay attention to seemingly minor details
5. connection seeking: the ability to find similarity among parts that are dissimilar, unrelated or contrasting
6. conviction: valuing existing knowledge
7. complexity: the ability to combine both the rational with the intuitive

Do you consider yourself creative??

No comments: