Monday, June 18, 2007

The Mother of All Wrecks

Yep. It happened today. NOT to me (thank God). I was working in my office when I heard this loud crash. I peeked out the window and was unable to see anything but cars slowing down and people running around. Suddenly another loud CRASH and before my eyes a lady rear-ended another lady. Holy moly. Pandemonium.


Being the good citizen that I am, I called the non-emergency number as I could see no one was hurt in the accident I witnessed. I decide to run outside while I'm on the phone and see what all the ruckus was about...turning the corner around the side of my house, I see a car has driven through the wrought iron fence and has stopped, missing the side of my house by 3 feet. 3 FREAKING FEET. I was like "what the krunk?"


Approaching the chaos, I find witnesses discussing the fact that the driver lost control, hit the curb, went sailing into the air--over a mound of landscaping--landed, jumped another curb and hit the fence. HOLY FREAKING MOLY.


Everyone was slowing down, which caused the accident that I witnessed.


I come to find out later that the girl driving the car has no license and had borrowed her aunt's car without permission. I believe she had been text messaging when she (as she put it) got a flat tire that made her "lose control."


Moral of the story:

(Note to self:) Never text message while driving.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

How in the world did she stop before hitting your house???
Crazy!

Dave T. said...

krunk is a truly fantastic word! dt