Thursday, October 04, 2007

30 HERE I COME!!

Today is my last day in my twenties. That's not the most positive way to think about it, but if I look at my belief that my thirties will be better than my twenties, it's really great. I am embarking on a new chapter!

I am so honored that my friends are throwing me a birthday bash which includes my sister et al and my dad coming down for the occasion (I'm totally stoked). I am so blessed to have such great friends.

Birthdays for me, however, always make me miss my mom. Fall does the same thing--it was one of her favorite seasons (and is mine as well). She was always the first one to call me on my birthday to wish me a happy birthday and my question to her was always "So how does it feel having your youngest turn --?" She would always say "Great!" Sometimes I hate that I miss her because it can be pretty painful. And yet I often go there because it is part of the healing process for me. Although I know I'll never get over it.

So in honor of my mom I say "How does it feel having your youngest turn 30?" I wish I could hear her answer.

2 comments:

Shelly Waugh said...

girl, i love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my precious girl! I would call you first thing on your birthday, and you could ask me that question. That's the same thing I always asked my mama on my birthday too. Birthdays for mothers are such a funny day. I always totally relive the day my girls were born. From the moment I went into labor, until they came into the world. I wake up and think about the times, etc. Your mom did that too, I imagine. I love you!
Denise