Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Art of Racing

One of my lifelong friends has amazed me with her drive to race. I knew she always had that competitive spirit within her...but she comes back to racing once again. A few years ago she completed her first triatholon and now she is tackling the Steelhead Half Ironman benefitting the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can see her training log at http://www.active.com/donate/tntil/MelissaMayer

So I have come to acknowledge that there are more things than the visual and musical that can be considered art. For example, my brother considers coding an art (i.e. dBase). Webster defines art as "skill; human skill as opposed to nature; skill applied to music, painting, poetry, etc." I think racing can be considered an art. God created our bodies to be in motion...if we run properly, we can easily "glide" along the road in what I consider an act of worship. It is artful in it's own right. So Melissa (or Missey as she always will be to me) has mastered the art of racing.

No comments: