Monday, June 26, 2006

A picture's meaning can express 10,000 words

Now that I am back in school for my second bachelor's degree, I have found that life has new meaning for me! I am actually excited to get up in the morning to see the new things that I can create.

Last semester was my first back in school. I had a wonderful prof who was always excited about what I could create, no matter how good or bad. For my final project, we were instructed to make a book - any book of any kind with any theme. Being a photog major, I decided to find out who exactly coined the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" and make a book out of an old camera. After researching this, I discovered that in fact, it is a Chinese proverb and when correctly translated actually says "A picture's meaning can express ten thousand words."

I couldn't have said it better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I get to be your first comment ever. I think you have always been a very creative person. I can almost feel the joy radiate from your words as you talk about your new journey. So,my amazingly creative friend, I look foward to seeing many of your new creations and reading each new insight as you post them. Love ya! Beck