Thursday, July 27, 2006

Inspiration

Several years ago, my mom came to visit from the Great White North (well, technically it's Wisconsin...but it sounds so much better). In her car full of fun things, she brought two paintings that I had done in my all-time favorite class in 7th grade--ART.

Mr. Mader was our teacher and he was very inspiring. The first part of each new lesson we had to paint or draw or sculpt and then at the end of the lesson several weeks later, we had to do it again to show our improvement. One of those lessons was on painting landscapes. So I have the product of that lesson proudly displayed in my living room.

Tonight, two friends complimented me on the paintings--to their surprise, I had painted them both in that middle school art class. One friend asked "So when you look at those, do you think, 'Those are actually pretty good'?" My response was "No, I usually see what is wrong." To which the other friend replied, "Well, be glad that you have talent!"

THANK YOU!! I need that inspiration. Off I go to paint.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»