Saturday, January 13, 2007

HandyChick


This afternoon I spent hanging a piece of slatwall I bought from a store going out of business...I wanted to use it organize my studio/office.

I was telling someone this evening all about it...she was like "how did you do that all by yourself?" Well, problem-solving is one of my fortes. I just propped it up against the wall (atop a file box), drew marks on the walls through the pre-existing holes. I then removed the slatwall, inserted the drywall screws and went from there...voila...organized!

Whoever said women can't do handywork is an idiot.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I loooove doing handy-stuff for myself. (And I think I do better than most men.) So gratifying. And it gets done right the first time. (wink*wink*)

Anonymous said...

Can you come to my house? I have a few projects I could use help with! OK, if you ever do come visit me in Portland, I promise not to make you work! Love ya. And great job. Way to go! (it looks awesome, by the way)