Thursday, January 04, 2007

Oh Deer!

So the running gag gift in our family is "The Deer."



My mom had gotten it as a gift from one of her students (she was a nurse in an elementary school) and thought it was the gaudiest thing ever. So she started a tradition of passing the deer around to the family at Christmas.



Also incorporated were "The Rules of the Deer":



  1. You must display the deer for all to see

  2. You have to wait one full year before passing it on to someone else

Last year I gave it to my youngest nephew, who displayed it in his room on his shelf with his Tonka trucks. This year, he gave it to my brother, who, in this photograph, is proudly displaying the fact that he got the booby prize.


Oh deer.

2 comments:

jym d said...

Kitschy pop art artifact? Maybe. I have a few of my own different versions of your "deer" trophy. I have a guady eagle that could compete!

Anyway, I wanted to thank you again for the help with 3D class. The photos I took will be invaluable and you have helped take a load off my mind! Again, both Ally and I were really impressed with your work! I'm really excited to see where all this leads you in your art journey.

Shelly Waugh said...

that is funny. you'll have to let me know where he displays it.