Saturday, November 11, 2006

Accomplishment

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ya gotta love ol' Ralphy....

Today I woke up uninspired to do anything but sit and watch television. Yet I have started a new plan for myself, a sort-of reward system. For example, the other night when I got home from church around 9pm, I decided that my reward for folding the laundry that had piled up on my bed was to eat dinner and watch tv. That way, the task would be done and I could eat and relax in peace.

So as I lay in my bed this morning contemplating what I would accomplish today, I decided to just start right away so procrastination would not allow me to put it off until I really didn't feel like it. So by noon today I had started my laundry, cleaned my bathroom, swept the kitchen floor and made a cake.

Now I can relax and enjoy the rest of the day...ah, accomplishment...so my reward is having done it. Good things...

1 comment:

Melinda said...

AND you can eat cake! I'm feeling inspired suddenly...