Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Art of Letter Writing

Whatever happened to old fashioned letter-writing? I believe it is a dying art.

I admit that I do enjoy the speed and convenience of email, but at the same time, I enjoy writing a hand-written letter. My goal is to always write at least one note or letter per week to someone, so that this fine art does not fade away.

I guess it might be because my mom always emphasized a thank you note or letter to me as a child. No matter what someone did for you, even if it was a small, yet kind, gesture, I believe it deserves taking time to write a hand-written note. To me, it shows that person that their gesture meant enough to you that you took the time to write.

So off I go to write a little letter....do you still hand-write letters?

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I wish more people wrote real letters too.