Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm an Artist!



Last week, the New Seed of Hope (www.newseedofhope.com) had an art fundraiser to help raise funds for the organization. The mission is to help the people of Central and Eastern Africa recognize that despite their hardships, God has not abandoned them. One of my friends asked me if I wanted to donate some artwork to the cause--without hesitation, I agreed. I worked for several weeks on the two pieces. One was "J'adore Paris", a mixed media piece with photographs I took while in Paris in 2001. The other was "Between the Lines" an acrylic on canvas painting that was inspired by Leigh Nash's song.

What got me excited was the fact that both pieces auctioned for $40 each. I was really excited! I was just hoping they would actually sell.

But the best part of all of this, it was for a good cause.

No comments: