Monday, October 23, 2006

Bub

Yes, he hates it...the nickname I gave my brother. After I was aptly nicknamed "Sputley" (aka Sputs) I tried to come up with something original and they only thing that came to mind was "Bub." Yet it kinda has that Ren & Stimpy feel to it!

Anyway, it always amazes me that my brother and I (he is five years my senior) always manage to have fun and act goofy at the expensive of our dignity. Our latest adventure included doing the "Hey, hey we're the Monkees" walk through Walmart followed up with a long-stride walk while swinging our arms and turning our heads. We got so into it, in fact, that we almost ran over a lady...

So I have to say that despite the fact that we are adults, I always appreciate the fact that we can still have fun, play and act like kids. The same is true with my sister. It may be because we had so much fun all together as kids that we can't help but want to revert back to those good times.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older." Tom Stoppard

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Don't feel bad about the name (not that you do...)
I call my brothers Boogerbear and Dubbadoo.