Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Digital Debate

I discovered some great comments from my faithful readers about going digital. Today and I did some headshots for a friend's company and realized the ease of going in, shooting, dumping the photos on my computer and sending them. It took less than 2 hours to do all that, including travel time.

I love the artistic value of shooting with film and will continue to do so, especially because it is the medium with which I am most familar. Yet the ease of my first official digital experience really helped me to see the value in both. I know that when I get a digital camera, it's not going to be cheap...but I realized long ago that I picked a profession/artistic method that is definitely not inexpensive, especially at first.

Thanks to everyone who commented...thanks for the advice!

No comments: