Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Go Digital???






I'm trapped...do I finally cross over to the other side??

A friend of mine leant me her Sony digital camera for a few weeks. So last night I started to play with it so I could get a quick pic for my profile (check it out). How easy it was to shoot the photos, dump them on my computer and post them. No waiting to develop, no printing issues...a technological "piece of cake."

Yet I have a dilemma. I LOVE the art of photography, which to me, includes the entire process. At this point, since I've only had one photography class, I feel like my skills are limited. It would be so easy to buy a great digital and just go from there. But will that diminish the quality of my photographs? Will I feel more technologically capable and more artistically incapable?

The good news is that I don't have to make a decision right now...until I have to take Digital Imaging in school. So I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

It is crazy-easy to do it the easy way... maybe for some things you could do the digital thing and for others (the artistic stuff) be more of a purist? I know what you mean about needing to have the whole process of creating your image through traditional measures.

Shelly Waugh said...

I'm with Melinda...you can use a digi for scrapbooking and stuff like that (as well as the other camera). Maybe for your photography business you can use the other. You will probably learn more as you go through school which camera works best in certain situations, and you'll be able to pick and choose as you artistically wish!!!